Youth Job Developer
Title: Youth Job Developer
Responsibilities: Develop employment and training opportunities for 16-24 year old job seekers through direct interaction with local employers, referral sources and program participants. Position works closely with career advisors to help identify opportunities based on needs and interests of participants.
The Business Employment Skills Team, Inc. is an 8-county area designed by the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). This Youth Job Developer position will be based in the Old Lee County Courthouse.
- Conduct outreach to local employers through telephone, face-to-face meetings, presentations and other forms of communication
- Generate employment match leads by performing searches for qualified candidates according to relevant job criteria using sources such as computer databases, internet resources, cold calls, media and employee referrals
- Work with youth job seekers exiting training programs to match them with appropriate jobs
- Network with area employers to develop work experience and On-the-job Training opportunities for participants who need help with obtaining and retaining employment
- Assist with planning and implementation of career fairs and employment networking events
- Create job shadowing opportunities for purpose of career awareness and exposure to various work environments
- Develop training plans for Work Experience and On-the-Job Training contracts.
- Conduct orientation sessions with worksite supervisors about best practices and policies
- Respond to inquiries from a wide variety of individuals, groups, organizations and governmental entities
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, customers and public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Attend meetings, workshops, seminars and community functions as needed to stay well informed on workforce issues, barriers, and employment readiness techniques.
- A demonstrated ability to work with youth, especially those with barriers to employment.
- A track record of being able to successfully increase effective relationships with business groups is preferred.
- Ability to travel to various locations within Lee, Whiteside, and Ogle counties.
Experience: Minimum of two years experience working with youth 16-24 required. Experience working with at-risk youth strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of WIOA rules and regulations
- Knowledge of community resources
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work as a team member and leader
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Attentive to details and accuracy
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Ability to understand and comply with rules, regulations and policies.
- Ability to present oral and written information about services to community agencies.
Mental and Physical Abilities:
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to mediate problems/issues to find a workable win-win solution to the situation.
- Ability to work efficiently in a politically charged environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional periodicals and journals, technical procedures and government regulations.
- Ability to speak effectively before public groups and respond to questions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to develop customized training programs.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people.
Must be legally eligible for employment in the United States.
Attendance at night meetings, local travel and out of LWA travel may be required.
Must have access to realiable transportation.
The demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary Range: $19.49/hour
Benefits: Health/Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Retirement plan; continued education reimbursement; and flexible paid time-off plan.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Location: Old Lee County Courthouse, Dixon, IL
Interested applicants must send a letter of application, completed Application for Employment and Resume to:
Business Employment Skills Team, Inc.
815 N. Orlando Smith Avenue, Room C328
Oglesby, IL 61348
Or email documents electronically to: email@example.com
Inquiries: (815) 224-0375
Equal Opportunity Employer/Program