Firefighter / Paramedic
BRISTOL KENDALL FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT
FIREFIGHTER / PARAMEDIC JOB APPLICATION
Applications are available beginning June 6, 2022 on the District's website at www.bkfire.org or available for pick-up between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. at the Administrative Office located at 103 E. Beaver Street, Yorkville, IL 60560.
The application deadline is Monday, June 27, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
Starting Salary: $64,000
- U.S Citizen or legally authorized to work in the U.S (must meet 1-9 requirement)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license (valid Illinois driver's license at time of hire)
- 21 to under 35 years of age at time of application deadline, unless otherwise exempt by statute.
- Illinois State Certified Firefighter - must hold Basic Operations/FFll and Hazmat Ops certification from the Office of the State Fire Marshal (OSFM)
- Current Illinois EMT Paramedic - license must be issued from the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), OR show proof of current enrollment in an accredited paramedic training program approved by the Illinois Department of Public Health. Must be licensed Paramedic by date of hire.
Return application and required documentation in a sealed (9" x 12" or 10" x 13") envelope to the Administrative Office at 103 E. Beaver St, Yorkville, IL Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Emails and Faxes will NOT be accepted)
- Authorization and Release Form
- Copy of birth record
- Copy of high school diploma or equivalent
- Copy of valid driver's license
- Copy of IL OSFM Basic Operations Firefighter/FFll and Hazmat Ops certification
- Copy of valid IL IDPH Paramedic License or letter from organization sponsoring EMT-P enrollment in an IDPH Paramedic program.
- Copy of CPAT and Ladder climb certificate by date of hire
Orientation and Written Test:
Candidates must attend a mandatory orientation and written test on Wednesday, July 13, 2022. Sign-in begins at 6:30 p.m. and closes at 7:00 p.m.