Entry Level Police Officer Testing
The City of DeKalb is accepting applications for Entry Level Police Officer to establish an eligibility list.
The process and the minimum qualifications are dictated by the Board of Fire & Police Commissioner's Rules and Regulations and are detailed in the recruitment brochure.
For consideration the following documents must be submitted with your online application:
- At least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age, or 41 years of age if currently a Certified State of Illinois Peace Officer (full-time). Proof of birthdate is required.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent.
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AT TIME OF CONDITIONAL OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT
- Illinois Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) conducted by an Illinois licensed agency within 12 months preceding date of conditional offer of employment.
- Valid Illinois Driver's License.
- Must pass psychological and medical examinations.
ONE of the following:
- 60 credit hours of completed coursework from an accredited college or university.
- Two (2) years of full-time active and continuous military service in the United States Armed Forces with an honorable discharge.
- Possess certification as a full-time Permanent Police Officer as defined in 50 ILCS 705/1, et seq by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training & Standards Board.
Candidates must fill out an application with NTN AND the City of DeKalb:
- The City of DeKalb Application can be found at: http://www.cityofdekalb.com/254/Employment
- The NTN application and scheduling of the written exam can be found at: www.nationaltestingnetwork.com. Please select Law Enforcement Jobs and sign up for the City of DeKalb exam. Candidates MUST complete the Personal Health Questionnaire (PHQ) and Public Safety Self-Assessment (PSSA) on the NTN website along with the application.
The selection process includes submission of an application, written exam, oral interview, background investigation and polygraph exam. Psychological and medical exams are completed upon conditional offer of employment.
Questions about the NTN application and/or written exam?
Please call: National Testing Network – 1 (866) 563-3882
Questions about the City application?
Please call: City of DeKalb, Human Resources Department – 1 (815) 748-2398
Applications AND Written Exam Due:
Friday, October 1, 2021.
family members of a current City employee, elected official, or appointed official prior
to completing an application for employment.