Landscape Specialist / Laborer
The City of Lockport is accepting applications for a full-time Landscape Specialist / Laborer.
Please click APPLY NOW to visit the City's website for info & how to apply.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for the cultivation and care of the City’s landscaping and grounds. Designs landscaping, plants flowers, pulls weeds, trims trees & shrubs, and maintains grounds outside of City buildings and City-owned properties. In addition, this position performs a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled tasks in the maintenance, monitoring, and repair of City streets, buildings, parkways, medians, and facilities; and related work as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them if the work is similar, related or logical to the position.
- Designs landscaping for City buildings and property.
- Landscape by planting flowers, grass, shrubs, and bushes.
- Apply pesticide to rid grounds of pests such as mosquitos, wasps, ticks, etc.
- Apply weed killer to rid grounds of weeds and prevent future growth.
- Apply fertilizer to ground to enhance growth.
- Sweep walkway of debris.
- Cut down tree limbs that are posing a danger.
- Trim shrubs and pull weeds.
- Rake, mulch, and prune the grounds as needed.
- Install rock, cement, lighting, water, and furniture.
- Water plants and grass as needed.
- Shovel snow from walkways and sprinkle salt down to keep people from falling.
- Surveys areas that are under Contractor Maintenance Agreements in order to identify areas that the contractor may need to repair or replace landscaping.
- Assists in determining if areas landscaped by Developers; Contractors; &/or Homeowner’s Associations are adequate prior to the City accepting the maintenance of the area.
- Annual detention/retention pond maintenance inspections.
- Manual labor duties, including, but not limited to, raking leaves, tree trimming, planting and watering City trees, etc.
- General maintenance of City streets, including, but not limited to, road restorations, pothole patching, sewer rodding, and responding to water main breaks.
- Provide as needed support to other Departments/Division within the City, including, but not limited to: Sewer, Water, Yard Waste, etc.