BOARD OF FIRE AND POLICE COMMISSIONERS OF THE CITY OF OGLESBY NOTICE OF EXAMINATION FOR PATROLMAN IN THE CITY OF OGLESBY, ILLINOIS
THERE WILL BE AN OPEN COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR NEW APPLICANTS FOR THE Police Department of the City of Oglesby on the 7th day of December, 2021 at the hour of 6:00 p.m. at the Oglesby Fire Station located at 500 South Columbia Avenue, Oglesby, Illinois.
QUALIFICATIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Citizen of the United States of America
- Under 35 years of age, unless qualified for exceptions specified by Illinois law
- Have binocular vision corrected to 20/20
- Valid driver's license
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Complete the oral and written testing requirements, as well as background investigation, polygraph, physical and psychological examinations
Following the written examination, oral interviews will be scheduled on December 9th, 2021.
Applicants are posted in their respective positions in order of their excellence as determined by examination, with preference points added as prescribed by statue.
Application packets may be picked up at the Oglesby Police Department located at 128 West Walnut Street, Oglesby, Illinois beginning November 22, 2021.
A non-refundable $20.00 testing fee must be paid at the time the application is returned.
The completed application packet must be returned to the Oglesby Police Department no later than 3:00 p.m. on Monday, December 6, 2021 by order of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
PER ANNUM PAY $ 55,910
GROUP HEALTH INSURANCE (MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION & LIFE)
12 HOUR SHIFTS
PAID VACATION, UP TO SIX (6) WEEKS
12 PAID HOLIDAYS
The City of Oglesby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.