Chief of Police
CHIEF OF POLICE
The Polo Police Department is accepting applications for a full-time Chief of Police.
Application acceptance dates are: November 10, 2023 - November 24, 2023.
The City of Polo Illinois is seeking a qualified and motivated individual to lead its Police department in serving and protecting the citizens in the City of Polo. Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays. The Chief is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the programs and activities of the Polo Police Department. This position also involves patrol, traffic enforcement, criminal investigations, community relations, and local ordinance enforcement.
Qualified applicants must meet the following minimum standards:
- Minimum of 5 years in a leadership role with demonstrated success within a law enforcement agency.
- Experience with budgeting and personnel management, grant administration and crime intervention and prevention.
- Must possess a valid State of Illinois driver's license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a criminal background investigation.
- Possess no prior felony convictions
- Must be certified as a law enforcement officer in the State of Illinois
- Starting base pay: $90,000 (could vary with experience)
- Paid time off (sick, personal, and vacation) and paid holidays.
- City employees are also eligible for health, dental, and life insurance as well as participation in the
- Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
Applications can be picked up and dropped off Monday through Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM at City Hall (115 S. Franklin Ave. Polo, IL) or online at https://www.poloil.gov/o/polo/page/employment-opportunities and emailing them back to email@example.com. Please submit a resume along with your application.
Application deadline is Friday, November 24, 2023.
The City of Polo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.