Chief of Police
The City of Prophetstown, Illinois is seeking a qualified and motivated individual to lead its Police department in serving and protecting the citizens in the City of Prophetstown.
Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays. The Chief is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the programs and activities of the Prophetstown Police Department. This position also involves vehicle patrol, traffic enforcement, criminal investigations, community relations, and local ordinance enforcement.
- Minimum of 5 years in a leadership role with demonstrated success within a law enforcement agency;
- Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in law enforcement or related field preferred or have an equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the requisite skills and abilities to effectively perform the duties of Police Chief;
- Experience with budgeting and personnel management, grant administration and crime intervention and prevention.
- Possess a valid State of Illinois driver's license;
- Possess no prior felony convictions;
- If served in the U.S. military, must have been honorably discharged;
- Pass a background check; and
- Must be Certified as a law enforcement officer in the State of Illinois.
Benefits: Paid time off (sick, personal, and vacation) and paid holidays. City employees are also eligible for health, dental, and life insurance as well as participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
Applications can be picked up and dropped off Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 3:00 pm at the City Hall, 339 Washington St., Prophetstown IL 61277 or on the City's website: www.prophetstownil.org until September 30th, 2023. Please submit a resume along with your application.
Job Type Full-time Pay: Wage: $68,000-$72,000 - 8 hour shift - Weekend availability, reliably commute or planning to relocate before or within 1 year of being hired (Negotiable) License/Certification: Illinois Driver's license (Required)
The City of Prophetstown is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in all aspects of employment for all employees and applicants.
Home to a little more than 2,000 people, Prophetstown, Illinois is located in northwest Illinois in the heart of Whiteside County, on the bank of the Rock River.
Named “The Most Arts-Friendly Small Town in Illinois” by the Illinois Arts Alliance in 2005, Prophetstown always has something happening in this small and progressive community. Our community boasts a preschool through 12th grade school district (along with the nearby towns of Tampico, Lyndon and Deer Grove); an active park district with a state-of-the-art recreation center; a number of churches; historic homes; a recreational state park; year-round activities; a growing business district; and much more