DEKALB PARK DISTRICT
FULL-TIME JOB OPENING
(Aquatics, Facility Rentals,
Specialty Camps / Programs)
DeKalb Park District Mission
To connect the community, enhance the quality of life, and improve the environment, by conserving and protecting natural resources, and providing recreational and wellness opportunities for all members of our diverse community.
To be recognized in the DeKalb area as a premier choice for parks and recreation opportunities
Customer Focus, Innovation, Environmental Stewardship, and Fun
In The Beginning
Before there was a DeKalb Park District, the park system in DeKalb was owned and operated by the City of DeKalb. In 1935 the city owned four parks: Annie's Woods, named after Annie Glidden, the niece of barb wire inventor Joseph Glidden; Huntley Park, named after the first settlers of DeKalb, and designed to be the town square, housing the bandstand pictured below; Liberty Park, the site of the second bandstand and located on the near north side of DeKalb; and Hopkins Park, named in honor of Judge Hopkins, who donated this 32 acre tract of land which became the crown jewel of the system.