CAN YOU QUALIFY FOR A CAREER AS A DIXON RURAL FIREFIGHTER?
The Dixon Community Fire Protection District Board of Fire Commissioners is seeking candidates for the position of Firefighter.
The Board will conduct written entrance examinations at the offices of the Department located at 1020 Palmyra Street, Dixon, IL 61021 on Saturday, July 23, 2022 at 8:30 A.M.
- U.S Citizen;
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED);
- Valid Driver's License;
- At least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age on the last day for submitting applications for original appointment unless otherwise provided by state or federal law (See exceptions listed in 70 ILCS705/16.06b);
- Valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) with Ladder Climb Certification as of date of hire;
- The candidate must reside within the Dixon Rural Fire Protection District or the City of Dixon and be within a five mile driving distance of Station 1 within three months after the starting date of probationary employment;
- Must attend and pass both the written examination and subjective oral examination;
- Pay a $43.00 non-refundable application-processing fee.
Fringe benefits include: good pension plan, hospital insurance, paid vacation, overtime pay and uniform allowance.
Application forms may be obtained online at iosolutions.com and must be received by IOS Recruitment by July 1, 2022 at 2:00 PM.
THE DIXON COMMUNITY FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Dixon Community Fire Protection District of Lee and Ogle Counties Board of Fire Commissioners