Customer Inventory Rep
Field Fastener Streator, IL Part-time Manufacturing / Production / Operations
Posted on June 2, 2022
Customer Inventory Rep (VMI)
Field is a family owned global supplier of fasteners, "C" commodities, inventory management services and technical support. For the past 30 years, Field has grown rapidly because of its dedication to lowering our customers overall cost and improving quality through a technical approach to fasteners and fastenings. By joining Field you will experience an exceptional culture built on Integrity, Commitment, Teamwork, Innovation, Flexibility, and Fun!
At Field, Culture is everything. Field was recognized by INC. magazine as one of the fastest growing privately owned companies in the USA. In 2015 and 2016, Field was recognized nationally by Great Places to Work as one of the Best Small Companies in America, ranking #8 nationally among small companies and #5 nationally among manufacturing/production companies. In 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 Field was recognized locally by the Rockford Register Star as one of the top Employers Who Rock in the Rock River Valley.
This is an hourly, part-time position with exact hours of work each week depending on business needs; as a result, overtime work may be required to support the customer. The VMI rep is friendly, organized, detail oriented, a problem solver, results oriented, possesses the ability to work with limited direct supervision, and can effectively represent Field while working within a customer location or on the road. The main focus of this position is to monitor and replenish customer inventory of our parts. This position will require the person to live within a reasonable commute to the site location. The position is based in Streator, IL.
- Commit to FIELD’s Mission Statement, Core Values, and Fieldamentals.
- While serving as a primary customer contact, stage and deliver product within the customer’s facility, manage inventory levels, create orders, and build positive relationships with customers.
- Requires lifting, carrying, bending, and reaching while handing cartons of product up to 50 pounds.
- Work with the customer and company to resolve any quality and delivery issues.
- Seek additional opportunities at customer locations to add to Field’s existing business.
- Work with our customer’s in-house representatives and Field’s account managers to insure that the system meets the expectations of our customers and Field.
- Use a portable scanning device to collect inventory data at client location and report to Field.
- Interact with various customer departments and personnel both within customer businesses and within Field.
- Participate in the continual development and improvement of our inventory management systems.
Education, Skills and Experience Required:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Polite and professional manner.
- A demonstrated commitment to embracing Field’s Core Values, Fieldamentals, and Mission Statement.
- Minimum 1 – 3 years experience in a customer service and/or warehouse role with customer interaction.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team-based environment.
- The ability and motivation to be successful with limited direct supervision.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with team members, customers, and suppliers; including the addressing of conflicts and concerns to bring about the desired results.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. repeatedly.
- Valid Driver's License or ability to be transported to customer locations as needed.
- Effectively serve as the “Face of Field” to our customers.
- Ability to work extra hours as needed.
- Proficient with Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Additional Skills Preferred:
- Fastener knowledge.
- Industrial distribution, warehouse, or customer service experience.
- Experience with Prophet 21.
Click APPLY NOW to send resume or
You can also apply direct on our Careers website: www.fieldfastener.com/careers
Field provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.