Account Manager, Farm & Crop
ACCOUNT MANAGER, FARM & CROP
FNIC Trusted insurance advisors in Plano, IL is currently looking for a full-time in office position for an Account Manager, Farm & Crop to join our team. This role works with our Sales Executives and Account Managers to provide exceptional service to our clients.
Learn more about our benefits and apply online at https://fnicgroup.com/careers
Are you looking for?
- Time back in your day
- Flexible schedule including work-from-home options
- Paid time off
- Fun working environment
- Tuition reimbursement
- Growth & development
One thing we’re always asking ourselves is: why do people think the insurance industry is “boring?” Spend one day in an Account Manager’s shoes and you’ll find that they are always up for a challenge and love building relationships with our clients while constantly growing and expanding their insurance know-how. We’re currently looking for an Account Manager, Farm & Crop Insurance who will work with producers and carriers to provide exceptional service to our clients.
What’s the work like?
- Perform all service needs including applications, quotations, ID cards, endorsements, binders, billings, renewals, action items and correspondence on assigned accounts
- Market new and renewal business
- Assist in the sales process of Farm & Crop insurance products
- Examine insurance documents such as applications, production reports, acreage reports, and applied FCIC, RMA, FSA rules
- Learn and apply RMA and AIP underwriting rules and procedures to process crop insurance policies
- Review, analyze, enter and maintain information into AMS and the AIP including policy information, production data, acreage report data, claims data, etc. throughout the Crop Insurance Cycle
- Receive, document and process all insureds’, producers’ and insurance companies’ requests for service and submit information to insurance companies in a timely manner
- Confirm accuracy of information against signed forms and source document provided, edit, and correct errors.
- Prepare, print, and analyze a variety of reports and policy forms for Sales Closing, Production Reporting, and Acreage Reporting before obtaining signatures from clients and agents.
- Conduct annual coverage surveys and recommend/sell additional coverage and/or increases in limits
- Review new business, renewals and endorsements to ensure items are received as ordered while following agency procedures
- Obtain expiration dates for additional policies on all mono-line accounts
- Maintain accurate and complete client activity information in the agency management systems
- Incorporate the capabilities of the agency management systems into daily workflow
- Maintain knowledge of current underwriting and policy provisions in line with GSH, including binding authority, of contracted insurance carriers and AIP’s
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained in the collection, maintenance, and dissemination of highly sensitive information, including Protected Health Information (PHI) and credit information
- Maintain effective communication with producers, agents, FSA county offices, field personnel, and policyholders to keep them informed of all important activities on respective accounts
- Service accounts in a manner to eliminate gaps in coverage to reduce E&O exposures
- Process insurance policies per the FCIC rules and regulations & policy provisions
- Any other special projects and duties as assigned
Okay, so what’s in it for me?
While we expect a lot from our employees at FNIC, we also provide a lot in return.
- Competitive Pay: we strive to pay our employees a competitive market compensation
- Benefits: You’re covered: health, dental, vision, HSA with employer contributions, 401k, employer paid short term & long term disability, life insurance
- Dress: Dress for your day – bring your whole self to work so you can be as comfortable at work as you are in personal life.
- Flexibility: Time back in your day? We got you. A 37.5 work week and telecommuting options as well as PTO starting at 3 weeks/year.
- Wellness: Mental health support and resources are available through our free EAP program. You can also stretch away the stress 24/7 by participating in workout classes (available to remote employees too!) or accessing our Omaha in-office gym.
- Education: Like to go back to school? Learn something new? We’ll provide tuition reimbursement to support you in your goals.
- Fun working environment: Who likes a boring working environment? No one. We have plenty fun with frequent company outings, food days, and fun competitions to name a few!
What do I need to know?
You have to have…
- Valid Driver’s License
- Resident Property and Casualty Agent’s License and Crop Insurance License for participating states
- AAI, CIC, CPCU, and/or CISR designations obtained or commitment to obtain preferred
- Knowledgeable of all Farm and Crop products and rating procedures
- Knowledge on printed policy information, such as GSH, CIH, handbooks, RMA actuarial documents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel) and electronic mail system (e.g., Outlook)
- Proficiency in office equipment such as computer, copier, and phone
- Proficiency in word processing and typing skills
- Strong respect for confidentiality
- Regular and consistent attendance
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures and use equipment and materials properly
- Ability to conform with and abide by all workplace policies, work procedures, and instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with company employees and external contacts
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three (3) or more years of P&C, Ag, Crop product experience