Habitat for Humanity of DeKalb County Illinois
Habitat for Humanity of DeKalb County Illinois (HFHDC) is a nonprofit organization that partners with families to build affordable homes. We are an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International.
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for executing the strategy and directing all day-to-day aspects of Habitat for Humanity of DeKalb County’s (HFHDC) mission, vision and programs including strategic planning, oversight of the operations, finances, external relations, and communication for the organization. The ED reports to and is annually reviewed by the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director provides direction and leadership to:
- Raise capital through grants, equity capital, loans, and contributions to sustain the organization and the work of the Affiliate.
- Hire, train, manage, develop, and retain employee(s), and assist in mentoring and developing volunteers, with competency and knowledge in key functional management areas to carry out the mission of HFHDC.
- Work closely with and communicate effectively with the Board and Habitat for Humanity International to develop and implement strategies that drive our mission forward by building capacity, diversity, and expertise in key areas.
- Work closely with committee leaders and volunteers to support partner families and to identify and cultivate those persons interested in becoming partner families.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with civic leaders, partners, funders, churches, elected officials, and other public and private stakeholders (community outreach), sharing the full mission statement with each.
- Ensure that the affiliate adheres to government regulations and HFHI policies.
- Serve as spokesperson for the HFHDC affiliate.
- This role requires a minimum of 40 hours per week commitment. Must be available as needed for evening meetings, monthly board of directors’ meetings and special events. Occasional Saturday functions during the construction season may also be required.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in interactions with a broad spectrum of audiences.
- A passion for serving a population in need of affordable housing.
- Ability to create and sustain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, board members, and donors.
- Demonstrate a positive and enthusiastic work ethic that promotes the mission, strategic goals and objectives of HFHDC in an effective manner.
- Strong organizational skills while remaining flexible to evolving priorities.
- Fundamental business skills and business management experience.
- Experience in fundraising, which includes history of creating and implementing comprehensive revenue generation and strategic fundraising plans.
- Proficiency with software tools such as Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with construction concepts and methods
- Experience with non-profit organizations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Salary Range: $45,000 - $75,000
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for complete job description. Applications accepted until Aug. 10.
Send application materials to: email@example.com
- Cover Letter including a description of experience and skills relevant to this position
- 3 references
Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope.
Habitat for Humanity of DeKalb County is part of the global network of Habitat for Humanity Affiliates. Habitat for Humanity’s vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Habitat for Humanity of DeKalb County works with local families who struggle to obtain affordable housing. Homeowners are able to partner with Habitat to build a home that provides strength, stability and independence for their family.
Habitat for Humanity is a partnership, not a giveaway program—Habitat’s homeowner families buy the houses that Habitat builds and renovates.
Habitat homeowners also invest hundreds of hours of their own labor working alongside volunteers. As a result, Habitat for Humanity houses are affordable to low-income families around the world.
Habitat homeowners pay an affordable mortgage, receive financial education and help build or improve their homes alongside volunteers.Your financial support will help families continue building with Habitat in your community and around the world.