Huntley Community School District 158
Starting pay $19/hr to $23/hr.
40 hrs a week/12 months + Benefits.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Apply online: https://huntley158.org/departments/human-resources/
LOCATION OF WORK: High School / District Wide
STARTING DATE: Immediately
RANGE OF PAY: $19.00 to $23.00 hour (Based upon experience)
WORK HOURS: 40 hours a week/260 days (Flexible hours as they may change)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Primary responsibilities include performing activities related to preparation and maintenance of outdoor athletic fields and indoor athletic equipment/facilities and operations, maintaining and repairing the physical plant components related to athletic and indoor PE space and coordinate activities of contractors engaged in maintaining and repairing the related physical plant components. This position supervises an assigned employee from the Grounds Management Services contractor who is made available to assist this position with preparation and maintenance of the Huntley High School outdoor athletic facilities.
- Primary point of contact with Athletic Director for the physical plant issues;
- Lock and unlock assigned athletic areas/equipment and prepare for athletic events; ensure areas are ready to receive occupants;
- Maintain an Illinois Dept. of Agriculture fertilizer and herbicide application license so that this position can apply fertilizer and herbicide to Huntley High School athletic fields.
- Able to respond to requests/complaints from athletic department; to investigate and resolve and/or call the technician assigned to campus or Operations & Maintenance office for assistance as the need arises;
- Assists with management of safety and security of occupants in the building under the direction of the Athletic Director and/or the Operations & Maintenance Office;
- Ground Maintenance contractor performance surveillance;
- Communicates concerns to Grounds Management’s representative on-site when problems arise;
- Provide assistance with physical plant equipment management in support of indoor and outdoor athletic events;
- Assists with processing work orders, building inspection reports, equipment reading logs and building work requests received from the building staff, building principal, technician assigned to campus, Assistant Director and Director of Operations & Maintenance through verbal, paper and/or computerized format;
- Participate in Preventative maintenance of physical plant components as assigned by the Operations & Maintenance Office or Athletic Director;
- Communication with building staff and organizers related to coordination of planning, setup and take down for special functions at the assigned building with District personnel and outside organizations in response to authorized facility use documentation (processed by others);
- Management of a good appearance for the assigned physical plant through hands on efforts;
- Assists with being actively involved in custodial and housekeeping work within the physical plant as required;
- Assists with snow and ice removal as required.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Apply Online
Located in the far-northern suburbs, Huntley Community School District 158 is a Destination School DistrictTM offering modern campus programs with state-of-the-art curriculum, technology, and facilities. Directed by a highly engaged Board of Education and staff, Huntley 158 offers exceptional educational programs for all student learning styles.
Huntley Community School District 158 is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive salaries and benefits.
Watch our Hype video below to get a taste of what it’s like to work at one of the country’s top school districts, and check out our employment opportunities to find your spot with us.