The LaSalle County Soil & Water Conservation District is seeking a fulltime Conservation Coordinator.
A background in agriculture and conservation is beneficial. The candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalent. This position requires a combination of office and field work. The Conservation Coordinator will work directly with landowners, producers, local organizations, and schools to promote and facilitate conservation programs and educational programs. Knowledge of administrative skills in accounting, customer service, and other administrative duties is preferred.
The position is based on a 40-hour work week with occasional evening and weekend meetings, trainings, and special events. Office hours are Monday through Friday 7:30am - 4:00pm. The candidate will be required to pass a federal background check, have a valid driver’s license, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Annual salary based on experience, with benefits provided.
Candidate must have the ability to communicate across all levels, possess strong organizational skills, self-motivation, willingness to accept responsibility, ability to multi-task, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Candidate must have great interpersonal skills and the confidence needed to advocate and facilitate conservation practices and programs with local organizations, landowners, and producers. The position will require working as a team, as well as, independently to complete tasks. Computer skills are required, and it is preferred that the candidate have experience with Microsoft Office and Quickbooks. On-the-job training will be provided, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
The LaSalle County SWCD Conservation Coordinator’s primary responsibilities will include:
• District Financials- payroll, taxes, budgets, and general accounting.
• Complete Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) Certified Conservation Planner training program.
• Provide technical and administrative assistance for NRCS conservation programs.
• Promote and administer federal, state, and local conservation programs, working directly with local landowners, farmers, and organizations.
• Assist in planning and implementation of ag-related workshops, field days, and other events for farmers and landowners.
• Promote and assist with adult and youth educational events and school outreach.
• Complete daily, quarterly, and annual office tasks such as state reporting, budgeting, District sales, and more.
• Maintain District website and social media.
• Attend monthly Board Meetings and present Board of Directors with important District updates.
All interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter and resume with references to the LaSalle County Soil & Water Conservation District office (address below) or click APPLY NOW to email by January 31, 2022.
For questions, please call Vicki at (815) 433-0551 ext. 3.
If you are interested in learning more about the District, please visit www.lasalleswcd.org.
LaSalle County SWCD
1691 North 31st Road
Ottawa, IL 61350