The Mt. Morris Board of Police Commissioners will be holding examinations to establish an eligibility list for the position of Police Officer.
Starting salary $46,300.00
Many benefits offered including:
- Insurance- Dental/Vision and Health
- Benefits IMRF Pension benefit (Tier 2-newly hired officers)
- Uniforms and equipment supplied by department (including firearm)
- Paid Holidays & Overtime with night shift differential
- Take home squad
Applicants must be 21 but less than 35 years of age (except as provided by Illinois State Statute.)
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen and possess a high school diploma or equivalent and a valid IL Driver's License or the ability to obtain one.
Applicants must possess a valid Illinois Firearms Owner's Identification Card (FOID).
Applicants must not have been convicted of a domestic battery, felony, or any crime of moral turpitude.
Applicant must possess a valid NIPSTA card - OR - equivalent criteria as per the State standard, issued within 6 months of the written exam date (February 11, 2023)
- P.O.W.E.R. Test Cards issued by NIPSTA, Triton Community College or Joliet Junior College will be accepted.
- Applicants must present the POWER Test card NO LATER than the written exam date (February 11, 2023)
Applications can be obtained at the Police Department, 105 W. Lincoln St., Mt. Morris, Illinois, Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. till 4:30 p.m. Applications will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. February 6, 2023.
The Village of Mt. Morris is an Equal Opportunity Employer