Fire Protection District
Oswego Fire Protection District - Now Accepting Applications!
Application Deadline: Wednesday, June 7, 2023, at 4:00 p.m.
Starting Salary: $67,752.37 (as of May 1, 2023)
How to Apply:
• Download and complete your online application at iosolutions.com
• Submit all required supporting documentation to I/O Solutions by hand or mail by the application deadline
Firefighter Minimum Requirements:
• Be at least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age as of application deadline, unless exempt by state statute
• No Felony or Disqualifying Misdemeanor Convictions
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
• U.S. Citizenship
• Valid Driver’s License
• Current Illinois or National Registry EMT-P (Paramedic) Certification at time of conditional offer. Applicants not currently in possession of an EMT-P license shall be allowed to complete the testing process by submitting proof of current enrollment in a paramedic program. Applicants must provide proof of enrollment in the program by submitting a letter of good standing from the organization sponsoring their enrollment or by the course administrator, on their letterhead.
• Illinois State Fire Marshal Certified Basic Firefighter or Firefighter II due at time of conditional offer
• Successful completion of the Candidate Physical Ability Test with Ladder Climb Certification conducted by a licensed agency due at application deadline (valid if dated 06/07/2022 – 06/07/2023). Must also be valid at time of conditional offer.
• Must be of sound mental and physical health and meet all established standards
• Must be able to pass written test, medical examination and drug testing, and extensive background investigation.
Orientation & Testing Information:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on Saturday, July 8, 2023. Doors will open at 7:30 AM for sign in, please arrive no later than 8:00 a.m. with a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID).
Test will be held at: Oswego Fire Protection District – Station 1, 3511 Woolley Road, Oswego, IL 60543
Any questions about location or application process should be directed to IO Solutions directly at (800)-343-HIRE or firstname.lastname@example.org.