POSITION: PROPERTY CASUALTY UNDERWRITER
Prophetstown Farmers Mutual Insurance Company is a member of the Illinois Association of Mutual Insurance Companies. The Company was founded in 1876 to provide fire insurance for farm property. One Hundred Forty-Five years later the company’s main mission is to provide the most up-to-date property coverage for today’s farm operations as well as homeowner and rental property policies in rural Illinois communities.
In this position, you will be responsible for evaluating, selecting, and pricing new and renewal business based on company standards while working with the independent agents to obtain the appropriate coverage. The bottom line: you will help the prospect cover their insurance needs in accordance with company guidelines.
- A farm or agricultural business background is preferred.
- A college degree or direct equivalent work experience.
- Must have strong analytic thinking, decision making, problem-solving, organizational, time management, negotiation, and teamworking skills.
- You will need to be able to understand and interpret insurance coverage and forms for the risks being assessed. It will then be necessary to effectively convey information to independent agents and other associates in a professional manner about this process, both verbally and in writing.
- Efficient computer skills, with a solid understanding and ability to use Microsoft Office products, as well as the ability to learn insurance software will be required.
- An insurance producer’s license (State of IL) will be needed. Our company will help you acquire the license if you do not have one.
The Ideal Situation
We are looking for an individual who likes to investigate and has a naturally inquisitive mind to dig into the task at hand to get a complete picture of what is taking place, and who would like to have a flexible schedule who is from a farming background.
Please Send Résumé & Application to:
PROPHETSTOWN FARMERS MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANY
Attention: Jeremy Weaks
PO Box 95
Prophetstown, IL 61277
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org