Location: Dixon, IL, United States
Motivated to grow with a stable organization? SPX Cooling Technologies is a leading global manufacturer of sustainable evaporative cooling systems, servicing commercial HVAC and industrial markets for nearly a century. Hospitals, data centers, oil and gas refineries, power plants and process cooling facilities worldwide rely on SPX Cooling’s Marley, Recold and SGS brands. Beginning as the Marley Company nearly 100 years ago, it was the first cooling tower manufacturer to pioneer cooling solutions for large industrial applications. Since then, we have evolved to provide innovative solutions for iconic buildings and essential infrastructure.
New hires to SPX Cooling enjoy benefits that begin on the first day of work, including professional development opportunities such as mentorship and tuition assistance, a competitive compensation and bonus plan, flexible health plan, 401(k) match, and opportunities for career advancement.
SPX Cooling and its brands are active in more than 80 countries and is rapidly growing organically and through acquisitions, as part of SPX Corporation (SPXC).
With its people-centric culture, SPX prides itself on attracting top talent to the industry. Apply to work for an excellent team and help us keep the world cool!
Headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas, SPX Cooling Technologies, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of cooling towers, evaporative fluid coolers, evaporative condensers and air cooled heat exchangers providing full-service cooling solutions and support to customers in the power generation, petrochemical, industrial, refrigeration, and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) markets for more than 100 years. SPX Cooling Technologies and its Marley, Recold and SGS product brands are part of SPX Corporation.
1st Shift: Monday – Friday 6:00AM – 2:30PM with daily and weekend OT as needed.
2nd Shift: Monday – Thursday 2:15PM – 12:45AM with OT on Friday’s as needed.
New Hires will receive a $1,500 Phased Sign-on Bonus!
Pay Range: $20 - $24 per hour
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Accident & Sickness Benefits start on first day of employment
- 401k with Company matching
- Paid Vacation/Paid Sick Time/Paid Holidays
The position will be responsible for working in the process of HVAC refrigeration manufacturing. Under general supervision, the Machine Operator III will use advanced skills to operate fabricating machines, such as cutoff saws, shears, rolls, brakes, presses, forming machines, spinning machines, punch machines, and CNC machines that cut, shape, and bend metal plates, sheets, tubes, and structures. This position will also be responsible for various other duties based on the department they are assigned.
Under General Supervision:
- Load materials into the machine
- Perform own setups
- Program and repair the machine
- Interpret mechanical engineered drawing
- Troubleshoot most issues independently
- Clean machines and preventative maintenance
- Complete necessary paperwork
- Report on supply levels
- Train others
- Additional duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Meet all product quality requirements
- Ability to read a tape measure and ruler and to convert fractions to decimals and decimals to fractions
- Ability to program CNC machine for multiple products
- Ability to read mechanical engineered drawings
- Knowledge of engineered specified tolerances
- Ability to effectively change machinery for multiple set-ups given various product lines and material requirements
- Ability to use precision hand tools such as square, protractor and caliper
- Ability to clean and maintain tooling/equipment in proper working condition
- Ability to keep a clean and safe work area
- Aptitude for math, problem-solving, computers and mechanics
- Attention to detail
- Have excellent attendance record
- Ability to communicate well and work well with fellow employees
Education and Experienced Required:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing operation
- 3+ years’ experience operating fabricating machinery
- 1 to 2 years’ experience programming equipment
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds with assistance
- Sitting, standing, walking, bending, grasping, pushing, pulling, crawling, climbing, twisting, reaching, and working at heights
- Perform repetitive motions
- Plant environment with potential exposure to bad weather, excessive heat, and/or excessive noise