Audience Analytics Coordinator
Shaw Media Crystal Lake, IL Full-time Advertising / Marketing / Public Relations
Posted on August 19, 2021
Shaw Local, the No. 1 provider of local news in northern Illinois, is looking for a full-time audience analytics coordinator who wants to help us grow our subscriber base and directly impact the communities we serve with engaging, high-quality journalism.
Our company operates numerous local news websites, newspapers, and magazines around the region, and our focus is on having the first, best and most important coverage of local stories.
This role will primarily focus turning datasets into actionable directions for our circulation department and newsrooms. Is a user likely to subscribe? Likely to churn? We need you to help us reach them. You will be responsible for more than just monitoring our analytics - it is communicating with the newsroom about what is working, what is not working, updating our dashboards, identifying trends, and making sure we are on top of data privacy.
About this opportunity:
The ideal applicant will be someone who brings an entrepreneurial, problem-solving attitude to analyze internal data, developing what we can learn and stay ahead of trends. The applicant will be responsible for building and implementing short-term and long-term strategies for subscriber growth.
- Manages digital audience and digital subscription data
- Assists in identifying and applying KPIs for subscriber growth and retention
- Tracks KPIs and delivers relevant weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to internal stakeholders
- Tracks customer journey and identifies key propensity indicators: is a user likely to subscribe? Likely to churn?
- Manage and optimize Google Analytics and Parse.ly data
- Work with email manager, sales, and leadership in strategy for growing subscribers
- Stays up-to-date with industry tools and trends and makes recommendations
- Experience with Google Analytics (or Parse.ly) is required
- CMS (content management system)
- CRM (customer relationship management)
- Data visualizations (spreadsheets/Flourish/Tableau)
- HTML/CSS/Java (basic knowledge)
- Business Intelligence Software
About Shaw Media:
Shaw Media publishes over 150 titles in Illinois and Iowa. Its holdings include websites, newspapers, magazines and a digital marketing services division. Founded in Dixon, Illinois, Shaw Media has been privately owned by the Shaw family since its inception in 1851.
Enjoy the Rewards of Working Among the Best:
In return for your contributions to our success, Shaw Media offers a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with company match.
Interested candidates, please submit a cover letter that explains your journalism credentials and philosophy, along with a resume:
Shaw Media - Human Resources
Attn: Audience Analytics Coordinator
P.O. Box 250
Crystal Lake, IL 60039
Pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Shaw Media is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
This posting may not include all duties of the position.