VILLAGE OF SHOREWOOD POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Village of Shorewood is now accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Shorewood Police Department.
Please read these application requirements carefully, paying particular attention to deadlines and required documents.
Base Salary: $68,467 - $94,504 with competitive benefits package (health and dental insurance, life insurance, and supplemental insurance offered. Vacation, ten holidays and two personal days included each year.)
Sworn Police Officers: 32
Police Officer Minimum Requirements:
- $25.00 non-refundable application fee;
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America;
- Must possess a valid driver's license;
- Must be at least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age as of December 15th, 2021, unless exempt by Illinois State Statute 5/10-2.1-6;
- Must have obtained a high school diploma or GED certificate;
- Tattoo policy: No vulgar or offensive tattoos; no tattoos permitted on the face, neck or hands;
- Applicant must submit all required documents online by 4:00 PM CST on Friday, December 3rd, 2021. Applications will be limited to the first 150 applications completed and submitted (not purchased), whichever occurs first.
- Applicant must attend a mandatory orientation on Wednesday, December 15th, 2021 at 7:00 PM.
- Applicant must attend a mandatory written examination on Saturday, January 8th, 2022 at 9:00 AM.
Required Documents (to be submitted at time of application):
- Valid driver's license;
- Birth certificate;
- Social security card;
- High school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate;
- If applicant has college credit, a copy of College or University Degree and Transcripts;
- If applicant has military service, a copy of Military Service Record Form DD-214;
- Failure to include all the required documents upon submission of your application will render your application incomplete and will disqualify you.
For more information or to apply (applications will be available on October 1st, 2021), please visit: www.ApplyToServe.com
The Village of Shorewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.