Senior Electrical Controls Engineer
We are growing in Sterling!
Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc for over 50 years has designed, engineered and specialized in producing customized material weighing and batching systems, bulk bag filling/packaging stations, bulk bag unloading systems, process controls and plantwide automation systems.
SENIOR ELECTRICAL CONTROLS ENGINEER
Design material handling plant automation projects from estimating through engineering and installation/commissioning with an emphasis on Electrical Design and Controls aspects of the project.
- Work with Project Managers to Prepare material and labor estimates for the sales staff
- Specify Components and Create Electrical Designs for Control Panels
- Follow UL 508A, NEC, and NFPA Standards in Industrial Control Designs
- Create well documented Customer Approval Packages
- Use E-Plan and DraftSight software to create production ready drawings
- HMI and PLC Programming (Allen Bradley PLCs, FactoryTalk View ME/SE)
- Coordinate with Mechanical Design Staff on material handling equipment design and controls
- Conduct in-house checkout of completed systems
- Attend vendor and customer factory acceptance tests
- Write detailed instruction manuals for completed projects
- Assist customers with onsite and phone troubleshooting and system start up.
- Research new technology available in market and contribute to new designs and developments
- Assist and mentor Associate and Intermediate Engineers, including review of work when required.
- Support Sales Staff when technical experience/expertise is required
- Accuracy and high attention to detail
- High level of Electrical, Software, and Mechanical aptitude
- Time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written grammar skills
- Problem solving ability
- Methodical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate to all levels of plant personnel
Knowledge, Education or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- UL MET Certified or willing to become UL MET Certified
- Experienced in E-Plan and DraftSight (or AutoCAD) software
- Proficient in Control Panel design following UL 508A, NEC, NFPA standards.
- Experience with Allen Bradley Hardware (PLCs, VFDs, SoftStarts, HMIs, etc)
- Experience with Rockwell Software products (FactoryTalk View, Logic Designer, CCW)
- Experience with Industrial Controls, Material Handling Systems, and Plant Automation preferably from an OEM Machine Builder or Systems Integrator perspective.
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Travel enthusiastic
- Dependable hard working
- Flexible to changing priorities and routines
- Long periods of standing or sitting, with extended periods of work at a computer & traveling
- Squatting, lifting and stretching
Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc, offers highly competitive wages & company benefits.
To apply, send resume to:
Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc.
PO Box 418
Sterling, IL 61081
or email: email@example.com