Operation & Maintenance Technician
- Operate and maintain treatment systems: screening waste removal, tanks,piping, valves & gates, wastewater pumps, chemical pumps, blowers & compressors, vehicles & tractors, sampling/monitoring equipment, gravity belt thickener, centrifuge, sludge removal, UV, heat exchanger, air filters,sewers, manholes, and other miscellaneous equipment & systems as required
- General housekeeping, landscaping, grounds, custodial, commercial/ industrial inspections, and miscellaneous upkeep as required
- Possess, or obtain within 12 months of hire date, an IEPA Class 4 Certification for Wastewater Treatment Works and Operation
- Strong math, mechanical, analytical/technical, & science background
- Self-motivated with ability to organize, communicate effectively (written & verbal), keep detailed records, effectively use technology, engage in continuous improvement and learning• Valid IL driver’s license
- Associate's Degree preferred
YBSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a comprehensive employee benefits program which includes an HDHP/HSA, PPO through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, dental, vision, and life insurance, paid sick, vacation, and holidays, and a retirement program through IMRF.